Monday, March 13, 2006

Crunch Time

THESIS writing time is upon me and though I have shirked its inevitable pressures for a long time, I am actually looking forward to this process. My advisor says that I could be out of here as early as May. This will take a phenominal amount of work to accomplish but I want to do it. I have been in school for approximately one year longer than I should have. I'm glad I've been able to stick around here in Charlottesville. I want to stay if possible, but by all accounts, I should be finished with school and doing... well, real work. The trick now is that during all this writing and revising I have to do job searches as well and I have to be confident enough that I will graduate so that I can give the employer an accurate starting date. But first things first, I have to check my email. Then I'll start writing. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

don't forget to check your email!... oh yeah. you mentioned that. Whew. Well just to be safe, you should probably check it like 10 times a day. Sometimes within minutes of just checking it. That is an integral part of the life of a grad student in my experience.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home